Types of Stress: Burnout
Are you overwhelmed with work? Do you ever feel powerless at your job? Are you feeling more cynical or do you lack the energy to be productive? If you answered “ABSOLUTELY” to some of these, you may be experiencing burnout. Anyone in any line of work can experience burnout. But just because burnout can happen in any line of work, doesn’t mean it’s inevitable. The chronic stress that can accompany burnout has the potential to be quite damaging, so instead of accepting your feelings of burnout as part-of-the-job, you can learn to manage them. So what can you do to overcome burnout?
- Change your job!
- Practice breathing exercises and mindfulness strategies.
- Find a trusted colleague to talk with.
- Implement self-care strategies.
- Focus on your daily accomplishments and avoid criticizing yourself.
- Practice. That. Gratitude.
Find out more about overcoming burnout and enjoying your work again through my Cost of Care course.